Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Introduction1.1 These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
1.2 By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
1.3 You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website; by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
2. Credit2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (https://seqlegal.com).
2.2 The website theme and icons were created using a template from Muffin Group (https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/splash/).
2.3 The graphics were created using pictures from PixaBay (https://pixabay.com/).
3. Copyright notice3.1 Copyright © 2018 Büro Albert GbR.
3.2 Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
(a) we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
(b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
4. Licence to use website4.1 You may:
(a) view pages from our website in a web browser;
(b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
(c) print pages from our website,
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
4.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
4.3 You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
4.4 Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
4.5 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
(a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
(c) show any material from our website in public;
(d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
(e) redistribute material from our website.
4.6 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
5. Acceptable use5.1 You must not:
(a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
(b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
(d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
(e) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
(f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
(g) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
5.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
5.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
6. Translator Zone6.1 You may receive a password to access our Translator Zone webpage.
6.2 You must keep the password confidential.
6.3 You must not allow any other person to use the password to access the webpage.
6.4 You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure or unauthorized use of the password.
6.5 You must not use any other person's password to access the website.
6.6 We may change the password at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
7. Registration and accounts7.1 Our Translation Management Software of choice is TranslationProjex. You may register for a TranslationProjex account by clicking on the verification link in the email that the system will send to you.
7.2 You must not allow any other person to use your account to access the website.
7.3 You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
7.4 You must not use any other person's account to access the website, unless you have that person's express permission to do so.
8. User login details8.1 If you register for an account with TranslationProjex, we will provide you with a user ID and password.
8.2 You must keep your password confidential.
8.3 You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
8.4 You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential.
8.5 We may:
(a) suspend your account;
(b) cancel your account; and/or
(c) edit your account details,
at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
9. Your content: licence9.1 In these terms and conditions, "your content" means all materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us for the processing of work orders, proposals or applications.
9.2 You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to store and process your content for the purpose of proposals, processing work orders or application management.
10. Your content: rules10.1 You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
10.2 Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
10.3 Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
(a) be libellous or maliciously false;
(b) infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
(c) infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
(d) constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
(e) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
(f) be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
(g) be in breach of official secrets legislation;
(h) be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
(j) constitute spam; or
(k) be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
11. Limited warranties11.1 We do not warrant or represent:
(a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
(b) that the material on the website is up to date; or
(c) that the website will remain available.
11.2 We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website pages, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
11.3 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 12.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
12. Limitations and exclusions of liability12.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
12.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 12 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
(a) are subject to Section 12.1; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
12.3 To the extent that our website and the information on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
12.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
12.5 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
12.6 We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
12.7 We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
13. Breaches of these terms and conditions13.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
(a) send you one or more formal warnings;
(b) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
(c) suspend or delete your account on our website.
13.2 Where we suspend your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
14. Variation14.1 We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
14.2 The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions.
15. Assignment15.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
15.2 You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
16. Severability16.1 If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
16.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
17. Third party rights17.1 A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
17.2 The exercise of the parties' rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
19. Law and jurisdiction19.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with German law.
19.2 Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Germany.
20. External links20.1 If links to other websites are shown on our own website, we hereby explicitly declare that, although the links to external websites have been selected with due care, we accept no liability of any kind for the content of pages, graphics or data protection strategies provided by such external links.
21. Our details21.1 This website is owned and operated by Büro Albert GbR.
21.2 We are registered in Germany under registration number 049 150 03309, and our registered office is at Am Weinberg 31 in 15711 Königs Wusterhausen.
21.3 Our principal place of business is at Ernst-Augustin-Straße 5 in 12489 Berlin.
21.4 You can contact us:
(a) by post, to the postal addresses given above;
(b) using our website contact form;
(c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
(d) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.